- Representative Matters
- Publications and Presentations
Jesse’s practice focuses on real estate transactions and related litigation matters. Jesse comes to the firm with an extensive business background and governmental regulatory experience.
Prior to joining the firm, Jesse worked in the telecommunications industry, advising national wireless carriers on a variety of site acquisition matters, including leasing, land use, and regulatory compliance. He also worked for the State of Hawaii, auditing financial institutions for compliance with anti-money laundering laws and the Bank Secrecy Act.
Before entering government service, Jesse operated his own practice, representing clients in employment, construction defect and workers’ compensation matters. Jesse clerked with the Oregon Department of Justice Business Transactions section while in law school, aiding in mediation matters relating to State contract disputes and researching and writing memoranda regarding procurement legislation.
Real Estate Leasing
- Outside real estate counsel for Dutch Bros. Negotiated many retail leases nationwide.
- Negotiated numerous leases for office space, ground space, and food carts throughout Oregon.
Real Property Finance, Acquisition, and Disposition
- Represented regional telecommunications company in purchasing and selling real property in multiple locations in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon.
- Represented regional telecommunications company in negotiating access and utility easements.
- Represent a farm owner in negotiating utility and conservation easements with energy utility companies.
Real Estate and Business Transactions
- Negotiated the corporate sale of numerous entities, including manufacturers and design companies.
- Represent regional healthcare provider in corporate, contracting, and real estate matters.
- Represent national aerospace company in local real estate matters.
- Represent physician practice in corporate, real estate, and employment matters.
- Represented national wireless companies in obtaining land use approvals for telecommunications facilities, including conditional use permits and special use permits, in local jurisdictions throughout Oregon, Washington, California, and Hawaii.
- Let Them Eat Cake: Constitutional Rights to Food, 18 Willamette J. of Int’l L. and Disp. Resol. 256, 2010.