- Representative Matters
Ian maintains a comprehensive commercial real estate transactional practice. He assists clients with real property acquisitions and dispositions, office and retail leases, easements, licenses, and other real estate matters. Ian has represented and advised property owners, buyers, sellers, tenants, and landlords. In addition, he has experience with a wide array of commercial agreements and transactional matters.
Ian has held in-house legal counsel positions at three different companies during his legal career including a Fortune top 20 supermarket retailer. This experience has given him exposure to many areas of law, and taught him the interplay between business and legal issues.
Real Estate Transactions
- Represented a national supermarket retailer in the development of 10 stores and over 30 fuel stations.
- Represented a national supermarket retailer in the sale of over 15 surplus property sites and the purchase of 8 leased stores with associated retail shops.
- Negotiated and reviewed multiple mall leases for a national jewelry store chain.
- Represented a major forest products company in the sale of over 100 former industrial sites and timberland tracts located throughout the United States in transactions ranging from $10,000 to $15 million.
- Negotiated and reviewed an aircraft hangar ground lease, and multiple warehouse and aircraft storage leases.
- Represented a major forest products company in the sale of two office buildings and corresponding lease back agreements.
- Represented a major forest products company in the sale of approximately 900,000 acres of timberland in 9 separate transactions ranging in sale price from $20 million to $300 million.
- Negotiated agreements for the sale and the purchase of 10 business aircraft in 10 separate transactions, each of which were structured as tax deferred exchanges, and some of which were financed.
- Negotiated and drafted 6 long term wood supply agreements with major landowners.
- Negotiated and reviewed an equipment lease with a leasing company for 150 railcars.
- Lead attorney on or participated in the sale of 12 operating facilities in 8 separate transactions as part of a divestiture project for a major forest products company.