- Representative Matters
Chris’s practice focuses on real estate transactions and a wide range of litigation matters, including property and contract disputes. Chris has represented and advised, among others, property owners, buyers, sellers, real estate brokers, and homeowners associations. Chris is approved as a continuing education instructor for real estate licensees in Washington and Oregon, and regularly teaches courses to real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate law.
Chris previously worked at a boutique real estate law firm in Seattle, where his practice focused primarily on counseling real estate brokers and property owners. Chris is a 2014 graduate of the University of Oregon School of Law, where he served as an executive editor of the Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation, conference co-director for the world’s oldest and largest public interest environmental law conference, and a legal research and writing tutor.
Real Estate Litigation
- Defended numerous real estate brokers against claims of negligence and breach of statutory duties in both state and federal court.
- Litigated disputes involving adverse possession, easement rights, nuisance and trespass claims, and boundary disputes.
- Represented a purchaser of a multi-million dollar commercial property and obtained a substantial award at trial for a seller’s misrepresentation of the investment potential of a property.
- Represented property owner and successfully obtained releases of liens that were unlawfully filed by a builder.
- Represented buyers and sellers in earnest money disputes after failed real estate transactions.
- Represented homeowner in a fraud and negligent misrepresentation action for a seller’s failure to disclose the existence of pervasive water intrusion issues.
Real Estate Transactions
- Counseled real estate broker clients in their transactions, negotiations, problem solving and contract drafting.
- Represented property owners in the preparation and negotiation of easements.
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated leases and purchase and sale agreements.