- Representative Matters
- Publications and Presentations
Brian’s practice focuses primarily on representing clients in a wide range of litigation matters, including eminent domain, property and business disputes, construction defect, personal injury, and medical malpractice. He also advises the firm’s business clients on a variety of topics.
Brian represents the firm’s clients at all stages of litigation including pre-dispute resolution and negotiation, motion practice, mediation, arbitration, trial, and appeal. While Brian always endeavors to obtain a favorable, risk-managed solution for the firm’s clients, he also recognizes the necessity of taking a case to trial and is always prepared to do so to protect a client’s interests. Based on his experience and the results obtained for his clients, Brian has been recognized by his peers as a rising star in eminent domain in the publication Super Lawyers.
Brian previously worked at one of the largest litigation firms in Portland where his practice focused primarily on defending medical malpractice, personal injury, and premises liability claims.
Eminent Domain and Inverse Condemnation
- Represent property owners whose property is targeted for condemnation by TriMet, ODOT, Washington County, and other public entities in Oregon and Washington.
- Represented property owner in federal and state claims related to seizure and destruction of personal property.
- Represented property owner in state claims related to government’s taking of real property without compensation.
- Represent property owners in eminent domain, regulatory takings, and inverse condemnation proceedings.
Real Estate Litigation
- Represented owners of retail center in defense of claims regarding common area maintenance.
- Represented landlord in eviction and recovery of property proceeding.
- Represented developer in adverse possession claim.
- Represented numerous contractors, subcontractors, architects and material suppliers in construction lien matters.
Commercial and Employment Litigation
- Represented property owner in successful unjust enrichment claim against major national financial institution.
- Represented former business owner in breach of redemption agreement.
- Represented regional franchise in defense of former employee’s unlawful termination claim.
- Represented business owner in defense of unlawful eviction from business premises, including preliminary injunction to obtain access to premises.
Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice
- Represented clients in personal injury action for damages after being hit by drunk driver.
- Represented client in personal injury action for damages and lost wages after being hit by driver who ran a red light.
- Represented client in personal injury action for damages after collision caused by commercial driver who ran a red light.
- Represented couple in medical malpractice action for negligent prescription of hormone therapy.
Publications and Presentations
- Don’t Condemn Your Client to a Bad Result: The Importance of Strict Compliance with ORS Chapter 35, The Verdict, Issue 1 – 2017.